Hope you’ve recovered from New Years by now, I know it took me a little longer than expected to get over that hangover, and you’re sticking to your resolutions so far. This year I’m not making resolutions since I never stick to them, ever. Instead I’m setting goals that will make my life better/more fun because I am ten times more likely to succeed in achieving these. I’ve written them down and I’m putting this out into the world as well so hopefully that will help me keep on going and ticking some of these goals off.
- Exercise at least once a week – I am honestly such a couch potato, there’s nothing I enjoy more than doing absolutely nothing at all. Having said that, I’d like to be able to run up a flight of stairs without gasping for breath so I’m going to have to start moving around a bit more. I haven’t set expectations too high with this one so I personally think I’ll manage to achieve this goal.
- Go and see some live comedy – I am a huge lover of comedy, I could spend days watching comedians, if I don’t know what else to watch, comedy is my go to. However, I’ve never been to see any live comedy so this is one thing I must do this year.
- Meditate at least once a week – I love meditation, it’s so relaxing and being a lover of doing nothing, this is the perfect activity for me. I’ve never really gotten into the habit of doing it regularly and I’d really like to do that. I like to use the Headspace app for guided meditation and I’d really recommend the take ten sessions.
- Go to a drag show – Again, I’m a fan of drag, the whole culture and artistry fascinates and intrigues me. I think it would be a really fun night out too. Plus for some reason drag queens tend to gravitate towards me, no idea why at all. This has been in the back of my mind for ages too so I must do it.
- Sell things you never wear – I’m such a hoarder and I must change that this year, not only because I have no wardrobe space left but I’m also moving so if I don’t get rid of some things it will be a nightmare. Here’s my depop if anyone would like to help me out with this one.
- Watch one film you’ve never seen every month – I love films but there’s so many cult films that I’ve never seen so now’s the time. I’m going to get through at least 12 this year. I’m determined.
- Read the news on a daily basis – I want to be more in the loop with current affairs this year. I’m only aiming to read a single article a day but that’s way more than I was before. So far so good with this one as well, a highlight of which has been this one regarding an illegal rave inside the Tyne Bridge. Ah northerners.
- Listen to a new album every month – This shouldn’t be a difficult one either but I just want to start giving entire albums a go. I don’t usually do this but I’m sure I’m missing out on some fab tunes.
- Drink more water – I tend to forget to hydrate and my skin hates me for it so hopefully I’ll stick to this one.
- Spend less money on clothes and more money on visiting friends – Going to see friends is my favourite thing to do, I’ve made so many wonderful memories in various cities and on megabuses and I’d love to do that more this year. Spending more money on doing this should help with my hoarding issue also.
- Start learning to drive, again – I’m a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to driving, it makes me very nervous. I tried to learn to drive a couple of years ago but gave up due to being so worried about it all of the time. This year, I’m going to do it!
- Fill this book with all the good/fun things in 2017 – I was gifted a beautiful fabric notebook for Christmas so I have decided to make the most of it and fill it with my 2017 highlights. As you can see, I’ve started with a photo from New Years Eve.
Thank you for reading, Katie x